If you answered ‘yes’ to the above question, look no further than Globe Motors. Based in Camden, we welcome motorists from across North West London and the neighbouring areas to our garage for their annual car MOT. We take great pride in our long-standing reputation for providing MOTs that local motorists trust for honesty, value and quality. With a proven track record stretching back to our establishment in 1999, we see a significant amount of repeat business and new customers approaching us on recommendations and referrals.
When it comes to a car MOT, we understand motorists willingly travel further afield for the additional peace of mind that comes with impeccable customer service and outstanding workmanship. At Globe Motors, that’s exactly what we do, so we not only welcome customers from local areas such as Camden and North West London, but from locations in the wider London area too, from Chelsea to Harringay.
At our garage, we perform MOT testing on vehicles that fall into the class IV category. This includes cars with a maximum of 8 passenger seats, taxis, ambulances, motor caravans, dual purpose vehicles, goods vehicles with a maximum design gross weight of 3,000kg and more.
In order to ensure vehicles pose no unnecessary danger to the owner, other drivers and the general public, motorist must, by law, have a valid MOT certificate for their vehicle if it is 3 years old or over.
To schedule your own car MOT, please call our friendly, personable garage on 020 7387 8803.
In 2018, changes in the law effected the existing MOT process. As such, we recommend motorists in Camden, Chelsea and the wider London area refresh their knowledge on what exactly a car MOT entails.
As a garage that always goes above and beyond for our customers, we have outlined the changes to the process below.
1. Defects now fall into one of three categories: minor, major or dangerous. A sub-category, known as ‘advisories’, also covers items which don’t fall into one of these categories, but do require monitoring. ‘Dangerous’ or ‘major’ defects result in a failed MOT.
2. Emissions from diesel vehicles with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) now have tighter limits. If we see smoke emanating from the exhaust, or discover any sign of tampering with the DPF, we award a major fault.
3. The list of features checked during a car MOT now contains an array of new items. This includes brake fluid contamination, obviously underinflated tyres, daytime running lights and more. For a comprehensive rundown of the full list, we encourage motorists in Camden, Chelsea and the neighbouring areas to contact our garage directly.
4. In addition, the MOT certificate itself has undergone an update to reflect these changes. Certificates now list any defects in line with the new categories, ensuring clear and simple understanding.
5. Cars, motorcycles, vans and other light passenger vehicles no longer require an MOT if they are 40 years old or more and haven’t been subject to substantial alterations.
Now in effect, these changes work in conjunction with the more established requirements motorists in London, from Camden to Chelsea, have become accustomed to over the years.
With our expertise and fully equipped garage, we usually turnaround each car MOT in 45 to 60 minutes. Those that pass receive a new MOT certificate, while failure results in the issue of a VT30 certificate. This document outlines the reasons for failure.
We strongly advise motorists to undertake any repair work within 10 days, as this only requires a partial retesting of the failed components.
Globe Motors also provides a full range of car servicing options.